Monday, September 2, 2013

Sautéed Zucchini

Man o man has third grade kept me busy. We will be starting week 3 of kids tomorrow and I can not believe how fast it is going. I have an amazing class overall. I am up to 21 8 year olds and they seem to always keep me on my toes. They are a great bunch though and I do no have much to complain about! 

SInce being back we have been trying to eat a lot healthier. We did really well the first 2 weeks but once the kids came things have begun to change. Over all we are still eating a ton of vegetables so we haven't completely fell of the wagon. On Tuesday nights there is a little farmers market here in town and they have tons of fresh vegetables. We have been buying corn and lots of Zucchini. I have made this a few times as the main part of our meal but it is also a great side. My mom actually use to make this exact recipe in the summer times. I love that this is hers because she does not cook all that much but I can say that this is HER recipe. So thanks mom and sorry I am stealing it and putting it on my blog! LOVE YOU! well anyway this is pretty quick and very tasty. Hope you enjoy!



Ingredients
1 medium onion
1 large zucchini
1 can diced tomatoes (drained) 
garlic salt
McCormacks steak seasoning
Mrs.Dash
italin seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup mushrooms (optional)
1 medium yellow squash (optional)

***the picture has mushrooms in it and not squash but you can definitely use both or neither it is up to you, I have made it both ways*** 

Directions
1. Cut your onion in to half sized pieces and add to pan with olive oil. Turn on medium heat and sauté for about 5 minutes. 

2. Cut your Zucchini and/or squash in half and then into thin slices. Add to pan with onions and cook for another 5 minutes. 

3. If you are using mushrooms dice and add to pan. Cook for 3 more minutes.

4. Drain your can of diced tomatoes but leave just a little juice in it. Add to pan and mix together. Add all your spices to taste and sauté a few more minutes until it is all hot. 

5. Serve hot and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment