Who doesn't love Friday night pizza night??? As a kid we always made pizza on Friday nights. Dad would go out and get dough from the local Pizza place (one of the great things about growing up in New York) and we would make homemade pizzas. This idea actually comes from cousin Tom as one of his friends mom made it when they were growing up. It came to me because I was not in the mood to make pizza dough but really wanted pizza. This is quick and delicious!
Now one thing I will say Jimmy suggested next time I either make my own or buy the actual Pizza sauce in a jar. I did not know there was a difference as my dad always made his own sauce. I barely knew sauce came in a jar as a kid. Not that the regular sauce is bad he just said it would taste a bit better. But it is definitely your call!
3 English Muffins
6 teaspoons vegan butter
1/4 cup sauce
vegetables (your choice)
Makes: 6 halves
Total Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
1) Cut open your English Muffins open and spread evenly with butter. Place on non stick cooking tray or spray a tray with non stick cooking spray. Place in oven for about 5 minutes until they begin to get a light brown color.
2) Chop your vegetables to your liking.
3) Remove from oven and let cook for a minute.
4) Spread sauce evenly on top of each half. Spread your vegetables on top and sprinkle with some daiya cheese. Also add your oregano and pizza seasoning. If you are using the bacos add these as well.
5) Place back in oven for about 10 minutes of until they begin to get crispy. Be careful not to burn the bottoms though.
6) Serve hot and with any other sauces you would like. I enjoy vegan Parmesan or vegan ranch!