Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Vegetable Quesadilla

This is perfect for lunch! Jimmy was gone a lot this weekend because he coaches baseball so I was only cooking for one. Even though I know he would have loved this he didn't get to try it. Maybe I will make it agan this weekend. I was trying to make something small yet filling and I was not really in the mood for a sandwich. I decided to go with things I had laying around and to make it simple. Well that it was but and full of flavor. Hope you enjoy :)



Ingredients
1 tortila shell
1 mushroom
1/4 yellow onion
1 small (red, yellow or orange pepper)
3 tablespoons garlic hummus
steak seasoning
garlic salt
olive oil
spray oil 

Directions
Slice all of your vegetables to your liking. In a medium pan cook them with some olive oil on medium heat until they are all soft. Add steak seasoning to taste. When they are cooked through (about 8 minutes) remove from heat. Take your tortila shell and spread your garlic hummus evenly on the entire thing. Place your vegetables on one half and close the shell. Spray with oil and sprinkle garlic salt on top. 

I used my quesadilla maker and just placed it on half for about 5 minutes until it was golden brown. If you are cooking this in the oven I would preheat your oven to 350 degrees and let cook for about 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. 

Remove and let cool. Using a pizza cutter slice into 3 even pieces of just in half. You can serve it with salsa or vegan sour cream if you choose but I ate it alone and the garlic hummus had enough flavor where it was not necessary to add anything else! A good side to serve it with is always any kind of chips you like as well!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment