Saturday, March 23, 2013

Garlic Hummus

Today is a snack kind of day! I went and did some shopping to get some things for the week and left Jimmy at home today. This week is our "spring break" so I will have lots more time to cook fun things.I decided to go with snacks because it's March Madness weekend and it just felt like we should be eating snacks. I love March Madness because you never know what is going to happen. Yesterday the HUGE upset of FGCU beating Georgetown was a bracket buster for everyone I know. I had them in the final and my dad had them winning the whole thing. But hey that is exactly why they call it March Madness. Today there are games all day so we are just sitting on the couch enjoying them! Anyway,  I actually had everything to make this one because it is just so simple. Of all the different hummus's I have made Jimmy claims this one is his favorite. I love garlic so it was not a hard decision for me! 

Ingredients
2 cans chick peas
3/4 cup water
5-8 cloves garlic
1/3 cup fresh parsley (more for garnish)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons tahini 
salt/pepper
1 tablespoon cumin


Directions
Mix all ingredients in food processor. Add salt, pepper, cumin and parsley to taste. If you want more or less just add it. I left the garlic open ended as well because it all depends on how garlicy you want it. I would start with a small amount and if you think it needs more add it. Same with the seasonings. Serve with chips, pita or whatever you want. It also makes a great spread on sandwiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment