Saturday, March 23, 2013

Avocado Loaded Potato Skins

This is the best idea ever!!!! I use to love loaded potato skins and this is a new fun way to enjoy them and is completely Vegan! I saw a similar recipe in my cookbook and just got so excited. These ingredients I did have to buy on my trip to the store today but I am so glad I did. Cooking the potatoes is the worst part just because they take longer then we all would like. But the rest is just simple. This would make a great snack for a party too! 

Ingredients
5 medium potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt/pepper

Directions
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Wash potatoes off and using a fork poke holes in them. Place in a large bowl and evenly spread olive oil and salt and pepper on them. Place on baking sheet and place in oven. They will take anywhere from 45-60 minutes to cook. You may want to turn them a few time during this time. 

While those are coking you will want to make your Homemade Guacamole recipe. Just follow the directions from that post. The only thing I would suggest to do differently is not to mash them nearly as much. You kind of want all the pieces to be whole as we are not using this one as a dip. 

When to potatoes seem like they are soft in the middle and the skin is nice and crispy remove from oven. I would let them sit for about 5 minutes. Using a large knife cute each potato in half. I would then let them sit for another 10 minutes as they will be extremely hot. When they seem to be cool enough using a spoon scoop the inside out and place in another bowl for a later use. You should be left with just the skins of the potato. 

The last step is to fill each skin with the Homemade Guacamole Mix. Evenly place inside each skin. You may want to top with a little more salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature!!!! 

*** I am going to post a way to use the insides either later today or tomorrow! Don't just thrown them out as they can be used for other things such as mashed potatoes! But I will be posting another amazing recipe using them soon***

1 comment: