Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Vegan Straw & Hay Pasta

I found my Chole's Kitchen cookbook hiding under my coach today. It has been hiding from me for a while. I started looking at it and came across quite a few recipes I was interested in but in the end I decided to go with the Straw & Hay Pasta dish. I can not take any credit for this recipe as it is Cholo Coscarelli 's recipe. If you click that it will bring you to her website. She has some really amazing recipes and I am very happy I looked at this again today. I plan on trying more of them very soon. The only thing I did differently was I only used regular lingunie and I did add a little Thyme to it because I finally bought some today & it smelled very good! Anyway I followed her recipe almost to a tee and it came out absolutely perfect. 


Total Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Makes: 4 dinner sized servings

Ingredients 
16 ounces lingunie (1 full box)
1 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 medium crimni mushrooms
sea salt
2 cups almond milk
1 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoons soy sauce
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
10 sundried tomatoes chopped
1 tablespoon thyme 

Directions
Cook pasta in a large pot according to directions on back of package. Add the frozen peas to the boiling water with the pasta about a minute before draining. Drain and return to pot.

While the pasta is cooking heat the oil in a medium sauce pan. Thinly slice the mushrooms and add to pan. Saute for about on medium heat until they become soft. About 5 minutes. 

After you get that started in a medium pot you want to make the sauce. Combine the almond milk, water, tahini, soy sauce, minced garlic, onion powder,thyme and some salt. Turn on medium heat and add the corn starch that is mixed according to directions on back of package. Stir consistently for about 5 minutes until it begins to boil and starts to thicken. Remove from heat and continue stirring. 

You will also want to slice the sun dried tomatoes. I found using kitchen scissors did the best trick. 

Once everything is completed mix all ingredients (mushrooms, sauce, sundried tomatoes, pasta & peas) together. Serve right away. You may want to serve with some Vegan Parmesan as well. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment