Sunday, March 3, 2013

Vegan Macaroni Salad

WOW! What a long week it has been. I am finally able to sit down and write some recipes down. Not that I even made very much to add this week but I do have to different sides for you guys. I think Friday was the first night I cooked since last Sunday. I had made a lasagna on Sunday though so it kept us full throughout the week. This week is going to be crazy as well. My bestest Colynn is flying in to Denver on Wednesday for the weekend. She is the one who got me on this vegan kick so I am sure we will have fun cooking a few things this weekend. I haven't seen her since Jimmy and I dropped by hew hometown in Ohio right after fourth of July last summer. So lets just say I am more then excited to see her!

Well this is one of the things my mom has always "cooked" for us. My dad has always been the cook in our family but my dad taught her a few things over the years and once and awhile we allow her to cook. But this one is pretty simple. It reminds me of summer and being on the boat or just a nice dinner outside on the patio. I am going to give away her secret ingredient so I hope she doesn't get too mad at me!!!! I just enjoyed a bowl of leftovers and it was just as good if not better then it was Friday night! It's fast and easy & I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!



Makes: 4 servings
Total cook time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
1 box bow tie pasta
1/2 white onion
1/4 red onion
2 small red peppers
2 small orange peppers
2 small yellow peppers
3-4 tablesppons veganise 
salt/pepper
steak seasoning (secret ingredient)
ms.dash seasoning (optional)

Directions
Cook pasta according to directions on back. This usually takes about 15 minutes to complete. While water is boiling and pasta is cooking chop your vegetables. You want to cut them into small squares because if they are too big they will be very overwhelming. Once pasta is cooked drain and let cool for a minute. In a large bowl add all ingredients including the veganise and spices. Mix together until the veganise is coated evenly over pasta. Add seasonings to taste, the steak seasoning can be overwhelming too if you add to much so taste it before you add too much. You can serve this recipe still warm or let it sit in the fridge for a little. It is great for leftovers as well. 

***If you have celery that would be a great ingredient to add to this recipe. I did not have any at home but it would add a little extra crunch to the salad***

I served my macaroni salad with my Portabella Mushroom Burgers




No comments:

Post a Comment