Saturday, February 2, 2013

Portabella Mushroom Burgers




I sent Jimmy to the store on Sunday to get mushrooms for my mushroom soup he requested and he came back with baby Bella's and big ones. I just laughed and said there the same thing but it was ok I decided I would finally be able to make mushroom burgers one night. Well last night was the night, I'm am extremely sick and it was something nice and easy. I used ciabatta bread for the buns which is definitely the way to go and I made a home made vegan mayo pesto to top it off with. It was delicious and this will definitely be on the menu again soon.
This recipe makes 2 meals

Ingredients
2 large portabella mushrooms
2 ciabatta rolls
1/2 onion
1/2 red, orange or yellow pepper
Olive oil 
Salt/pepper
Garlic salt
Minced garlic (fresh or jared)
2 tablespoons veganese mayo
1 tablespoon squeeze basil
Lemon juice

Directions
1. Slice onion and peppers. Add it to a small pan with a little olive oil. Cook on medium to high heat until they are soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Take mushrooms out and place on a plate. Combine minced garlic with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put this on top of mushrooms as a marinade. Place mushrooms in large pan on medium to high heat for about 10 minutes or until mushrooms seem soft. You may add some garlic salt form flavor. Make sure to flip them a few times so they cook on both sides.
3. Cut ciabatta bread in half and place some olive oil on all ends. Place in oven or toaster to make it a little crisp. Be careful not to burn it.
4. Make the pesto mayo by adding veganese mayo, squeeze basil(to taste) and lemon juice. Mix it together and place on top of ciabatta bread.
5. When mushrooms are done place on bottom of ciabatta bread and add onions and peppers. 

I also served this with my homemade red potato french fries  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment