Friday, February 15, 2013

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

So Jimmy's mom makes these garlic mashed potatoes that are to die for. Unfortunately I can. I longer eat them so I have managed to take her recipe and make it my own. I have kept he main ingredients but changed a few to make it Vegan. Well I have been craving mashed potatoes and we have an abundant amount that we bought at Costco and I needed to use. They came out so good I wished I had made more but at the same time knew it was good that I didn't. Well here is what you will need to make these amazing mashed potatoes.


Ingredients
8 medium red potatoes
1/2- whole medium onion
8 cloves garlic
Olive oil
2 tablespoons tofuti sour cream
2 tablespoons almond milk
2 tablespoons vegan buttery spread
Garlic salt
Salt/pepper (optional)

Cut potatoes into medium squares keeping the skin on. Boil in a pot until they are really soft probably about a half hour. While those are cooking dice the onion and garlic and place in a pan with some olive oil. Cook on medium heat until they become soft. Remove from heat until they are ready to be mixed in. When the potatoes are extremely soft strain them in a strainer in the sink. Let them cool off for a minute or two. Place them back in the pot and add the butter. Mix it around first so it can melt. Then add all the other ingredients including the onions and garlic. I do not yet have an automatic mixer of any type but if you do I highly recommend using it. If you are like me though you can use either a potatoe masher or a spoon with slots in it. Mix until the potatoes are smooth. If you like them a little clumpy then you can leave them that way as well. You can serve them as a whole meal or as a side dish. I hope you love them as much as I do, just writing this is making me want to go home and make them again :)



No comments:

Post a Comment