Sunday, February 3, 2013

Vegan Alfredo, Spinach & Mushroom Pizza

This is one of my all time favorite pizzas that I use to love ordering from Domino's and buying the frozen one at the store. Obviously I have not been able to eat it in quite a while and since it was Saturday night and we were doing nothing but laying around all day I figured it was a good time to make it. It is really is very simple to make and comes out so delicious. I used my pizza stone which made the crust just about perfect. I almost ate the whole thing is one sitting but I fell asleep before I could go back for more. Luckily today is the Super Bowl and the left overs will be a perfect snack :)

Pizza Dough (I used the recipe from my calzone)

Alfredo Sauce 
1 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 8 hours)
1 yellow onion 
2 cloves garlic
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt/pepper
olive oil

In a medium pan cook onion and garlic with some olive oil until onion becomes soft. Combine all ingredients in food process until it reaches a smooth texture. Place in a medium pot and heat on medium heat. Once it was hot I removed it from the heat to help it get a little bit thicker. Place to side until ready to make pizza. 

Pizza Toppings
1 package of frozen chopped spinach (defrosted)
3-4 mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
daiya mozzarella cheese
vegan Parmesan
garlic salt
olive oil

Slice the mushrooms and place in medium pan on medium heat until they are cooked to your liking. I left them on for not even 5 minutes this time because I knew they would get cooked in the oven as well. Once fully cooked remove from heat and set aside until ready to make pizza

Making the Pizza
Preheat oven to 450
Once your dough has risen roll it out into a rectangle. (I cut the dough in half and made 2 separate pizzas so my picture will look smaller then yours). If you are using a pizza stone make sure you heat the stone for about 15 minutes otherwise the dough will stick. If you are just using a cooking tray make sure you spray it with non stick cooking spray. Place dough onto the stone or tray. Add the Alfredo sauce first. On top add the spinach, mushrooms and garlic evenly across the pie. Next add the daiya mozzarella cheese (the amount is up to you). Finally sprinkle a little garlic salt on top. Place in oven for about 20 minutes. When it looks like it is almost done you may want to turn the oven to broil for about 2 minutes to help the crust get extra crispy. Be careful though because it WILL burn very quickly. Remove from oven and let it cool. Slice it and serve with vegan Parmesan!!! 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment