Saturday, February 23, 2013

Spinach & Chickpea Patties

So I saw these at Costco the first time we went but I wasn't about to spend 10 dollars on something I hadn't tasted before but luckily this time they were out for us to taste. The lady was super nice and told us a bunch of different ways to cook them. We decide to just make sandwiches out of them. I will tell you though they do have EGG WHITES in them. Like I said I'm the "accidental vegan" so I still eat eggs. It is the only thing that is not vegan I still eat. They do not upset my stomach so it does not bother me. But those of you who do not eat eggs this may not be something you want to try. I will add other recipes I make with them later on but for now here is a simple and delicious sandwich. 

Ingredients
2 patties
1 tablespoon veganise
1 tablespoon basil (in a tube)
2 hamburger buns
1/4 onion
2 mushrooms
olive oil

Total Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 sandwiches 

Directions
Turn oven onto 400 degrees. Place 2 patties on non stick tray and place in oven. Let cook for about 15 minutes flipping at least once. You may want to keep them in a little longer if you want them extra crispy. While they are cooking slice the onion and mushrooms and place in a small pan with very little olive oil. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until they are soft. Next make the pesto mayonnaise by mixing the basil from a tube and the veganise. If you want to toast the buns place upside down in the oven for about 2 minutes but be careful not to burn them. Remove buns and place patties on bottom portion of buns. Add the basil pesto to the top portion and finally add the the onions and mushrooms on top of the pattie. Serve hot and enjoy :)

I served my patties with my homemade red potato french fries It was a great combination!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment