Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Vegan Loaded Tater Tots

This recipe was inspired by an old restaurant in Muskegon Michigan. It was located right on Lake Michigan and went by the name Captain Jack's aka JC's. Unfortunately last summer they did not open up but I still can taste their amazing loaded tater tots. When we were good shopping last week I cam across Baco's. I looked at the ingredients and even googled it after to double check but they are completely vegan. Bacon is one of the things I miss the most so I was so excited. I knew I was going to make burgers tonight and all we had left was tater tots so I decided to make laded ones. It's really not a complicated recipe but they are very yummy!


Ingredients
1/4 bag frozen tater tots
daiya cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons bacos
1 green onion
non stick spray oil
2 tablespoons tofutti sour cream (not pictured)

Directions
Spray baking sheet with non stick spray oil and place tater tots evenly. Cook tater tots according to directions on back of bag. When they are almost done maybe about 3 minutes out remove from oven and sprinkle daiya cheddar cheese on top of tater tots. You can also sprinkle the bacos now if you would like or add them later. Place back in oven and let cheese melt. Remove from oven and place on a plate. Sprinkle the cut green onion on top and serve with tofutti sour cream!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment