Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cornucopia Natural Food Market



Crazyyy few weeks! We surprised my mom by coming home early. Boy was she shocked! It was hilarious :) Since then I have been helping them at work and spending as much time with them and my friends. We finally made it on the boat last weekend and had wonderful weather on Saturday! I love it there and wish I could be there every weekend. Well, since being home I have not cooked much and what my dad has made me is nothing really all that new. Today my friend Maria came into work (she use to work here) and we went to lunch. She brought me to this little market that has all natural foods and has a little deli in the back with tons of Vegan options. I decided I would share them with you. They were all equally delicious and I hope I can go back before I leave. I took picture of everything to share with you and I hope one day I can make it home made.



So I tried tp take pictures of all the ingredients but it was through a glass case. They did not come out as wonderful as I was hoping. So I will tell you about all of them.

1) The first one is called Quinoa Salad. It is gluten free, dairy free, and completely vegan. Its ingredients include Quinoa, olive oil, peas, cranberries, cashews, date, zucchini, chickpeas and parsley.

2) The second one is Tropical Broccoli Salad. It is all gluten free, dairy free and vegan. Its ingredients include fresh broccoli, coconut milk, coconut, pineapple, almonds, agave, currants, and himalayan salt.

3) The third one is called Unchicken Tempeh. Again it is gluten free, dairy free and vegan. Its ingredients include tempeh, gluten free tamari, brown rice vinegar, cranberries, carrots and scallions.

All of these were absolutely delicious but I think my favorite is the Quinoa salad. I really enjoyed the "unchicken tempeh" though because I have never had or made anything quite like it. I may eventually get the courage to try cooking with tempeh after tasting how delicious it was. I was nervous about the broccoli one because it was also fruity but the combination of fruits and fresh vegetables with coconut milk was absolutely delicious. I recommend all of these recipes though :)

You can also visit their website if you would like.



No comments:

Post a Comment