Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gnocchi

So I have made this a few times but haven't posted it yet. The first time I made it was in New York when my parents were away. Leanne had given me the recipe and I decided to try it. I have never eaten Gnocchi before. I love pasta and potatoes so I figured it would probably love it. Well I was right :) When I moved to Colorado it was the first "meal" I cooked for Jimmy. I made it again this week and I think I enjoy it more every time. Its pretty much the exact recipe from EatingWell but I figured I would share anyway.

Gnocchi
1 package gnocchi (they usually sell it right in the pasta isle)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large yellow/white onion chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup water
4 cups fresh spinach
1 can diced tomatoes with italian seasonings 
1 can white beans- rinsed
pepper
1/2 cup daiya mozzarella cheese
vegan Parmesan cheese for topping

1. Heat olive oil in large pan. Add gnocchi and heat until gnocchi begins to get a crispy look on the outside. Remove from heat. 
2. In large saucepan add and heat olive oil with chopped onions and minced garlic. Once the onions are soft add the water. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes.
3. Add the spinach and stir until spinach begins to wilt.
4. Add the tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Add the cooked gnocchi and mix well. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Add mozzarella cheese and mix. 
7. Serve hot with the Parmesan cheese :)



No comments:

Post a Comment