Sunday, December 9, 2012

Vegan Alfredo with Mushrooms

I have been dying to make this for WEEKS. Last time we went shopping I decided to break down and buy cashews so I could. They are very expensive and it drives me nuts. Anyway I decided today was the day and was very excited about it. I looked at a few different recipes before I figured out what I was going to do. I didn't really like the one in my cook book so I made  my own. Well just like Jimmy has said about everything I have cooked after he licked his plate he said "I hated it". I was very impressed with myself and really enjoyed it. Of course I made my garlic knots to go with it. It was a delicious dinner! I really do love Sundays :)

Vegan Alfredo with Mushrooms
1 pound linguine noodles
1 cup of cashews (soaked in water for 8 hours)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon vegan cream cheese
1/2 cup water
1 large onion chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
salt & pepper
garlic salt
vegan Parmesan cheese 
6 mushrooms sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil

1. Cook noodles in large pot according to directions.
2. Heat olive oil in medium pan and add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are soft and remove from heat.
3. In food processor combine soft cashews, cooked onion, garlic, almond milk, water, lemon juice, vegan cream cheese, salt, pepper & garlic salt. Blend until very smooth. Place in medium sauce pan and heat. Once it reaches a boil place on low heat. 
4. In medium pan add olive oil and mushrooms cook until they are soft and remove from heat.
5. When pasta is cooked drain and place back in pot. Add the Alfredo sauce and mix until spread evenly over pasta.
6. Place on plate and add mushrooms.
7. Serve with Parmesan :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment