Vegan Seafood Chowder
2 small onions chopped 12 shrimp chopped
1 shallot chopped imitation crap
3 stalks celery chopped 4 cups vegetable broth
about 10 small carrots chopped 6 tablespoons olive oil
5 cloves garlic 2 tablespoons non dairy butter
2 can corn 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
5 table spoons corn starch 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons flour salt/pepper
1. In a large pot combine celery, onions. shallot, carrots and garlic with olive oil and butter. After the onions reach a clear consistency add in the corn as well. Mix for about 10 minutes or so.
2. Add in shrimp and crab with vegetable broth. Let boil for about 30 minutes.
3. Add almond milk and nutritional yeast. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. Add cornstarch according to directions. (you usually have to mix with water) Bring to a boil again and then reduce heat.
5. If needed add the flour. You may not need it if the soup has reached the consistency you want already.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Once the soup has reached the thickness you desire serve hot!