Sunday, December 2, 2012

Vegan Banana Bread

So this one I have made quiet a few times. I first attempted it this summer when I was still on Long Island. I was trying to prove to my dad that it could be good and plus we had bad bananas. I made a huge loaf originally but I do not have a pan to make one here so I made muffins instead. I actually enjoyed them more because it is less messy and easy to bring in the car on my early mornings. The flavor is basically the same as regular banana bread. I think it is almost better and lets just say pops was actually very impressed. I made everyone at work try it too. I haven't gotten any bad feedback yet and Jimmy keeps buying bananas and letting them go bad on purpose so I guess everyone likes it. 

Vegan Banana Bread
4 VERY ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
walnuts (optional)
spray oil

Preheat oven to 350

1.Combine all ingredients except walnuts into large mixing bowl. You have to mix for about 5 minutes until everything is well combined. 
2. Add in walnuts and continue to mix. 
3. Using a cupcake tray spray each hole with spray oil so nothing will stick.
4. Pour mixture evenly into each spot. DON'T pour to the top because they will get bigger in the oven. 
5. You may sprinkle with more walnuts if you would like.
6. Place in oven for about 15-20 minutes or until top is brown and middle is fully cooked. Keep an eye on them because they tend to cook fast because they are so small.

Let cool and serve warm. You may want to add a little non dairy butter on them too!




No comments:

Post a Comment