Monday, December 3, 2012

Pesto Spinach Lasagna

Last week when we went to the store Jimmy said he wanted me to buy lasagna noodles this time instead of the stuffed shells since I had made those already. Well of course I didn't buy any sauce to go long with it and the jar we currently have is nearly empty. I was trying to think of ways I could still use the noodles without having to go back to the store. Every time I got there I buy more then I should so I have been trying to avoid going as often as possible. Anyway I think I was making lunch on Saturday and on the back of Jimmy's regular mozzarella cheese was this amazing recipe for a Pesto Spinach & chicken lasagna. As I read it I fell in love and decided I was going to put my own twist on it. I decided it would go perfect with the chowder for Sunday's dinner. I did exactly that and here is my Vegan version of it. Again I just had a leftover piece for dinner and it was amazing. There is still 2 pieces left so I will be bringing it in for lunch this week too! 

Ingredients
12 lasagna noodles (cooked according to directions)
2- 10 ounce packs of frozen chopped spinach defrosted
1 large onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
6 mushrooms chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil 
1 package premade pesto 
daiya mozzarella 
Garden Ricotta
same recipe as stuffed shells

1. In a large pot combine garlic, onions and mushrooms with olive oil. Cook until onions are soft.
2. Add in defrosted spinach and cook until everything is hot. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Make the garden ricotta.
4. In large bowl combine garden ricotta with spinach mixture and pesto. Mix well until ingredients are combined. 
5. In a 8x10 greased cooking pan place 3 lasagna noodles on bottom. Spread mixture evenly on top. Add some daiya mozzarella. Repeat 3 times making 4 even layers. Add extra mozzarella on top to cover entirely. 
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
7. Bake for about 45 minutes or until it is hot and cheese is melted. 

Let cool and serve!!!                     (Jimmy's half is on the left it has regular cheese)


            Before cooked                                                           After cooked


Layers of greatness

                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment