Flat Bread Ingredients
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 -1 1/2 cups warm water
garlic salt (to taste)
dry parsley (to taste)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Kneed for about 5 minutes until no longer sticky.
Form into a ball and place in a bowl.
Put a wet towel over bowl to help keep moist until you are ready to use it.
White Bean Spread Ingredients Directions
1 can white beans (drained & rinsed) Mix everything in food processor.
4 cloves garlic You may have to add extra olive oil to help
2 tablespoons olive olive oil your food processor out.
Mix until a smooth mixture is formed
Flat Bread Toppings
1 cup fresh spinach
1 red onion
1 white onion
5-6 white mushrooms
1.Slice both red and white onion and place in medium skillet. Add olive oil and seasonings to taste. Cook on medium-high heat until onions are soft. Let cool and place in food processor until finely chopped. Place in a bowl until ready to use.
2.Slice mushrooms and place in medium skillet. Add olive oil and seasonings to taste. Cook on medium-high heat until mushrooms are soft. Let cool and place in food processor until finely chopped. Place in a bowl until ready to use.
Making the Flat Bread
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Roll out dough using a rolling pin.
(I made 2 medium sized pizzas but you may want to just use one large one)
2. Spray cooking tray with non stick cooking spray and place dough on tray.
3. Add white bean spread evenly over dough.
4. Add spinach on top of white bean spread.
5. Place onion & mushrooms on top of flat bread. Basically just glob in on as evenly as you can.
5. Place in oven for about 20 minutes or until dough is crispy.
6. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
7. Slice and serve
You may want to add some vegan Parmesan as well :)