Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Angel Hair Pasta with a Vegan Lemon Cream Sauce

Man it is so nice to be able to sit down and add all of these recipes. I sometimes feel like if I don't do it all at once it just does not get done. I just got back form Jimmy's first grade field trip and he is not home yet so I still have some time. This one I basically stole from my friend Colynn's blog.  But I did mix it up a little. She just makes  so many amazing things sometimes it is hard not to steal them once in a while. I linked her recipe so you can see hers at well but I will give you my version of it! 


Makes: 4 servings
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients
1 box angel hair pasta
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup tofutti sour cram
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
5 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon corn starch
dash of thyme
dash of cayenne pepper
salt/pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fresh spinach
1 whole tomato
5-6 medium mushrooms
vegan Parmesan 

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to directions on back. (angel hair cooks pretty fast so if you want to prepare everything else first it may be easier)

2. Make cream sauce. Add almond milk,lemon juice, nutritional yeast, sour cream, minced garlic, cayenne, salt/pepper and thyme in medium pot. Bring to a boil. Add corn starch according to package directions and mix until sauce begins to thicken. Reduce heat and cover.

3. Prepare your vegetables. Dice tomato and mushrooms and add to pan with olive oil. Once they begin to cook add the fresh spinach.Mix until spinach begins to wilt. 

4. Once everything is ready to go combine pasta, sauce and vegetables in large bowl. Serve hot and with some vegan Parmesan to top with!

No comments:

Post a Comment