Monday, May 20, 2013

Vegan Fried Cheese Wontons

Who doesn't love fried cheese wontons??? I hate not being able to order them when we get Chinese food anymore. They are just so yummy! Well the more I thought about it the more I began to realize that they really are not that complicated so why not just make it vegan??? Well that is what I did. Here is my recipe for them! Add or subtract items if you please. Also I hope your wonton folding skills are a little better then mine!!!


Makes: 6 wontons
Cooke time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
6 wonton wrappers
2 1/2 tablespoons tofuti cream cheese
4 green onions
1 strip fake crab meant (optional)
Vegetable oil for frying

Directions
Cut your green onions and crab meat and place in bowl. Mix with cream cheese until evenly combined.

Place a small amount into middle of wonton wrapper. Pinch corners together until wonton is closed and filling is not coming out of the top.

Heat your oil until it begins to bubble. Place wontons in oil for about 30 seconds and flip. Once they begin to get crispy remove and place on paper towel. 

Serve hot. You can serve with any sauce you want such as sweet and sour or duck sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment