Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Vegan Pesto

So this post is going to go along with the recipe I will be posting after this but I kind of felt like it deserves it's own post. In the past I have posted a home made vegan pesto recipe but sometime we just don't have time for it. I for one LOVE pesto and when I realized that most packaged or pre-made pesto's have milk and cheese in them I became VERY upset. I have made it my mission to find one that does not contain these products. 

My first story will be we were watching the travel channel one night and watched a special on Sunflower Pesto. All of their ingredients are 100% vegan. Unfortunately it is made in Canada and when I tweeted Whole Foods they said it depends on the location. Our local Whole Foods is not that close so I have not made it over that way yet to check. I would love to but it online but it appears they do not sell it online. Here is the website anyway in case you want to check it out. 

My second story is simple. I was at the local Natural Grocers and decided to look down the pasta aisle. They had a packet or Organic Pesto. When I picked it up and looked at the ingredients I almost wanted to start jumping up and down. VEGAN PESTO PACKET! WHOOO!!!!! I bought two and was finally able to use it this weekend. I spiced it up a little by adding more garlic but I always did that anyway. You can always add Vegan Parmesan to it as well.! Its very yummy! Here is a picture of the front and back in case you are interested!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment