This is a perfect appetizer for a party or just for a mid-day snack! I brought it to our friends house for the Red Wings game on Saturday. It is easy, quick and filled with flavor. I had never made them before so I was a little nervous bringing them to someones house but luckily they were a hit!
1 16oz can Artichoke hearts
2 loafs french bread (or any other type you want)
4-5 cloves garlic
6 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/3 cup vegan Parmesan
Makes: about 40 small pieces
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
1. Slice your bread on an angle and place on non stick cooking tray. You may need two trays as it will make about 40 pieces depending on the size of your bread,
2. Drain and rinse your artichoke hears. Slice them into small pieces and place in a medium bowl. Peel and dice your garlic in to small pieces and place in bowl with artichoke hearts. Dice your parsley as small as you can get it and also place in bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and your vegan Parmesan. Using a spoon mix around until ingredients are evenly combined. You can add salt and pepper to taste as well.
3. Using remaining olive oil evenly brush on both sides of each piece of bread. On top side sprinkle a very small amount of garlic salt. Place in oven for about 5 minutes or until they begin to brown. For a more even brown flip bread about half way through.
4. Remove bread from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Using a spoon evenly place a small amount of the garlic and artichoke dip on top.
5. Place back in oven for about 3 minutes. You are really just trying to heat it up at this point and maybe brown the tops just a little.
You can serve this hot, cold or room temperature! If you want you can dust the tops with a little more Parmesan. :)