Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Japanese Udon Noodles & Vegetables

So for my birthday (which was in April) Jimmy's mom bought me to awesome Woks. Jimmy is always telling her how much I love to cook and I can always use things to add to my collection! Anyway they are awesome and I really enjoy using them. One of my favorite things from a Chinese restaurant is Vegetable Lo Mein. Now I am able to make my own! 



Makes: 4 servings
Cook time: 30 minutes

Ingredients
3 single servings Japanese Udon noodles (or similar)
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 red pepper
1/2 cup cooked edomde 
1/4 cup carrots
1/4 cup water chestnuts
1/4 cup green beans
1/4 cup mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons fresh ginger 
1/4 cup baby corn (optional)
1/2 cup tereyaki sauce
3/4 cups soy sauce
1 tablespoon vegan butter
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions
Dice all of your fresh vegetables and add to large Wok with olive oil. Using a mincer mince your garlic and ginger and add to pan. Heat on high until all vegetables are soft and cooked through. Remove and place in bowl for later use.

In large Wok heat vegan butter and olive oil. Add noodles and let cook until they begin to get crispy. Once they are warm and crispy add the vegetables that you previously cooked with the noodles. Add your teriyaki  and soy sauce and continue cooking on high for about 5 minutes. Serve hot with a some extra soy sauce for topping!



These are the noodles I used!





No comments:

Post a Comment