I can just picture my self sitting on the dock back home eating and sharing this with friends. It is really light but filling at the same time. Let's be honest when were at the beach we don't want to be eating heavy foods yet more times then not that is the case. It is a perfect lunch side or just a mid afternoon snack. Today I served it with brown rice but that was just because I was at home. I have some tortilla chips left and I think I will eat the leftovers with those. This is also something you can make in advance and put in your cooler. I would recommend serving it with tortilla chips, pita chips or bruschetta bread as well. Whatever you either have lying around your place or are in the mood for when you are at the store.
Salsa Makes: 4 servings
Rice Makes: 2 servings
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes (minus rice)
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 medium tomato
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 red onion (optional)
1 small red pepper
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup brown rice
1. Cook rice according to directions. Either rinse with cold water or let cool down. Add olive oil. dry basil, garlic salt, cayenne pepper and salt & pepper to taste. Combine until mixed evenly.
2. Drain and Rinse black beans and corn. Place in large mixing bowl.
3. Dice your red pepper, red onion, cilantro, tomato and avocado. Place in large bowl and mix until everything is evenly combined.
4. Add lime juice, olive oil, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper and mix around some more. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
5. Serve on top of rice or as a salsa with chips of your choice!