Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bean and Corn Quesidillas/Nachos

Ahhhhhh I have been so busy I have not even had time to sit down and add to this. Well I haven't really made much to add to it I've been so busy! I'm not complaining be busy is good and I love it! I've been subbing everyday since they hired me which is awesome! And I started coaching HS girls basketball so that's keeping me even busier. Well anyway I have been planning on making this since last week and finally got the chance last night. Jimmy and I very badly need to go grocery shopping but have decided to wait to we have zero to eat apparently. Anyway I had all of these ingredients still and was trying to use everything in my pantry lol well lets just say I told jimmy that after Christmas we are investing 20 bucks into a Quesidillas maker bc I so dearly miss mine and this was amazing. Jimmy responded with you could make Quesidillas every night and that would be fine with me! So here you go!

Bean and Corn Quesidillas

1 can black beans (rinsed)
1 can white beans (rinsed)
1 can whole kernel corn (rinsed)                   
2 yellow/white onions (diced)
1 red pepper (diced)                                                           
Garlic salt
Steak seasoning 
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 small soft taco shells 
Non dairy cheddar cheese (daiya is the best)

Preheat oven to 375

1. Combine diced onion, diced pepper, in large skillet with olive oil. Cook until soft. 
2. Add in black beans, white beans and corn. Combine well. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add seasoning to taste.
4. Remove from heat.
5. On oven pan place 6 shells on greased or non stick surface. 
6. Place a small amount of cheese on  top of shell. Add bean and corn mixture on top of cheese. Add a little more cheese on top of bean mixture. Place the 6 other shells on top and squish down a little. 
7. Place in oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and shells are a little crispy 
8. Let cool for 5 minutes and using a pizza cutter cut into fourths

                                           Serve hot with a side of tofuti sour cream! 


When I made this I only used 4 shells so therefore I had lots of leftover beans. I decided that the next night the only thing we would need to help us not waste it was tortilla chips! Tostitos scoops of course. We stopped at the gas station and paid way to much for a bag but its always about convenience these days.  I used just the corn and bean mixture and daiya cheddar cheese. I put it in the oven for about 20ish minutes on 350 and served it hot. Be careful not to burn the chips. I constantly checked them to make sure I didn't burn them. They were so good I am not sure what I liked more the Quesidillas or the Nachos!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment