1 medium to large butternut squash
1 medium white/ yellow onion
2-3 medium red potatoes peeled
1-2 stalks celery
1 leak (optional)
2 green onions (optional)
3-4 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread
4 cups vegetable broth
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut butternut squash in half and removes seeds. Coat lightly with melted fake butter and brown sugar. Place on greased or non stick oven pan and place in oven for about 45 mins or until, soft. Be careful not to burn.
3. In a pot place onions, leak, green onions, garlic and celery chopped with olive oil. Let simmer until onions are soft.
4. In the meantime peel and chop potatoes into squares. Place in pot with broth. Bring to a boil until potatoes are soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. When squash is soft remove from oven let cool and remove the inside.
6. Place all ingredients in food processor and mix until smooth. You may need to do more then one batch.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve. :)