Sunday, November 4, 2012

Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa

I know, I know vegans do NOT eat fish. But hey it doesn't hurt my stomach and I need some protein in my life, and like the name says ACCIDENTAL VEGAN which means I do not have to follow all of the rules right? Well anyway I made this for dinner tonight and my boyfriend said its the best thing I have made him since I have been there. It is quick and easy and DELICIOUS!

Mango Salsa
1 small mango diced
1/2 red onion diced
1/2 red, orange or yellow pepper diced
cilantro (to taste) chopped
1 small tomato diced
lime juice (to taste)
salt
pepper
1 tsp olive oil

1. Dice and chop all ingredients in medium bowl.

2. Mix and set aside
(add as much lime juice, cilantro, salt & pepper as you would like)

Shrimp Tacos
4 small tortilla shells
12-16 medium uncooked shrimp peeled
garlic salt
steak seasoning
olive oil

1. Marinate shrimp with olive oil, garlic salt & steak seasoning. 

2. Using a pan, George foreman or grill cook shrimp until pink. Be careful to not over cook shrimp.
3. Place 3-4 shrimp in middle of tortilla.
4. Scoop salsa on top of shrimp. 
5. Eat & enjoy!

                      ***you may want to add tofuti sour cream for extra flavor*** 
                          (I did not do this but the boyfriend says it was good)  :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment