Lately I have had an obsession with avocados. I am not a huge fan of the color (even though green is my favorite color) but they just taste too good for me to even care. My dad on the other hand won't even try them. Sometimes he is like a child and won't try new things hahaha Anyways the day I was moving to Colorado my coworker Maria gave me the most AMAZING recipe. Pesto has also become one of my favorite things this summer. I have been eating it on everything. As soon as I saw this I could not wait to make it. Plus I bought my self a food processor and am obsessed with it. Well anyways this recipe is completely stolen (well the shrimp is my part) from Chole Coscarelli. But I wanted to share it anyway. Pesto, avocados & pasta......how much better does it get???
1 bunch fresh basil
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, or just dice 1 whole regular tomato
1. Combine all ingredients into a food processor. (obviously pit the avocados first) haha Add salt and pepper to taste. Make sure it is a good creamy texture.
1 pound of any pasta you would like (linguine or spaghetti is the best)
1. Bring pot of water to a boil
2. Cook pasta until soft and drain
defrosted shelled shrimp (as many as you want to eat)
1. Marinate shrimp in oil and seasonings
2. Using a pan cook on medium heat until shrimp are pink and cooked.